VM2 is a family of powerful, easy-to-program embedded controllers intended for
- Intelligent instruments
- Portable and hand-held devices
- Automatic test equipment (ATE)
- Industrial automation
- Process control
VM2 is also suited to many other applications
Free programming toolsThe most important feature of our controllers is that non-programmers can quickly learn to program them, but experienced programmers are not limited in their ambitions.
We supply free, simple-to-use programming tools for the VM2:
VM2 may also be programmed using third party tools.
Built-in DriversVM2 is supplied with drivers for
- Colour Displays and User Interfaces
- File systems in internal Flash and SRAM
- File systems in SD cards and USB Flash drives
- Internet protocols
- Web servers
- Analogue and Digital I/O
- Audio output
Application BoardsThe VM2 plugs into the main PCB of your application to control all your user interface and I/O devices.
VM2 (5900)This is the standard version of the controller.
VM2D: Display driver (5907)Has built-in TFT display driver for colour displays up to WVGA resolution (800 x 480).
Note: For most small displays you can use the standard VM2.
VM2L: Low cost, small memory (5901)Application code size and the SRAM size are 64K Bytes each. Filing systems and graphic displays are not supported.
Backup batteryVM2 uses a standard CR2032 Lithium battery to power the Real time clock and retain some settings when not powered. Not all applications require a battery. The battery holder is on the underside the board. Batteries must be purchased separately if required.
Starter KitsWe supply a range of starter kits so you can evaluate the VM2 for your application.
- 32-bit, 72MHz ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller (STM32F103)
- 8MB Flash
- 1MB SRAM (battery backed)
- TFT Display Controller (VM2D)
- Realtime Clock/Calendar
- Very low power (down to 20mW)
ConnectivityVM2 is easily connected to
- The Internet (via Ethernet or GPRS)
- Mobile Phones (SMS text messaging)
- Colour displays and touchscreens
- Memory Cards
- USB (as a USB Flash drive or a USB host)
- COM ports, I2C, CAN and SPI busses
Inputs and Outputs
- 5 Serial Ports up to 4.5M Baud
- 2 I2C busses
- 1 USB port
- 1 CAN Bus
- 2 SPI Busses (18MHz)
- 8 Pulse I/0 Channels
- 3 Quadrature shaft encoders
- 19 Analogue inputs (12-bit)
- 2 Analogue outputs (12-bit)
- 65+ Digital I/0
- External bus to connect Alpha or Graphics LCDs, etc
Power consumptionVM2 has very low power consumption: during continuous operation it consumes only 45mA at 3.3V (149mW) - but most applications won't need all the CPU power. More...
- Board dimensions 52mm x 48mm
- Power supply 3.3V
- Indicator LED
- Battery holder for optional backup battery