VM2 Embedded Controller Family
VM2 is a family of industrial microcontrollers developed for use in
- Machine automation
- Process control
- Scientific and medical instruments
- Portable and hand-held devices
- Automatic test equipment (ATE)
Design resourcesThe VM2 controller family is backed up by free design and programming resources.
Example Circuit Designs
- Colour Display support
- File systems in internal Flash, SRAM, SD cards and USB Flash drives
- Internet protocols
- Web servers, FTP and email
- Analogue and Digital I/O
- Audio output
- Encryption and Security
Application BoardsThe VM2 plugs into the main PCB of your application to control all your user interface and I/O devices.
Or, if you don't want to develop your own application PCB we supply a range of products you can plug together to build your application.
Starter KitsWe supply a range of starter kits so you can evaluate the VM2 for your application.
- 32-bit, 72MHz ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller (STM32F103)
- 8MB Flash
- 1MB SRAM (battery backed)
- TFT Display Controller (VM2D)
- Realtime Clock/Calendar
- Very low power (Typ 63mW)
- Boots up in less than 250mS
ConnectivityVM2 is easily connected to
- The Internet (via Ethernet or GPRS)
- Mobile Phones (SMS text messaging)
- Colour displays and touchscreens
- Memory Cards
- USB (as a USB Flash drive or a USB host)
- 5 COM ports, I2C, CAN and SPI busses
Inputs and Outputs
- 5 Serial Ports up to 4.5M Baud
- 2 I2C busses
- 1 USB port
- 1 CAN Bus
- 2 SPI Busses (18MHz)
- 8 Pulse I/0 Channels
- 3 Quadrature shaft encoders
- 19 Analogue inputs (12-bit)
- 2 Analogue outputs (12-bit)
- 65+ Digital I/0
- External bus to connect Alpha or Graphics LCDs, etc
Power consumptionVM2 peak current consumtion is around 45mA (150mW) - but most applications average around 19mA (63mW). More...
- Board dimensions 52mm x 48mm
- Power supply 3.3V
- Indicator LED
- Battery holder for optional backup battery
The VM2 Family
Standard VM2The standard VM2 embedded controller has 1MB of SRAM, 8MB of flash and a rich set of I/O.
Instead of a 'large display' capability it has 20 extra I/O channels. It can drive smaller displays.
Product code: 5900
+ Display driverThe VM2D adds a driver for colour displays up to WVGA resolution (800 x 480).
Product code: 5907
+ Display driver, extra SRAMThe VM2-D2 adds a driver for colour displays, e.g. WVGA resolution (800 x 480) and larger.
VM2-D2 also doubles the SRAM size to 2MB.
Product code: 5920
Low costThe VM2L is a stripped-down VM2 for low cost designs. Application code size and the SRAM size are 64K Bytes each. Filing systems and graphic displays are not supported.
Product code: 5901
Upto 8MB SRAMThe VM2 and VM2-D2 can be built with upto 8MB SRAM. These are not available ex stock, but can be built to order.
Backup batteryVM2 uses a standard CR2032 Lithium battery to power the Real time clock and retain some settings while not powered. Not all applications require a battery.
Price: VM2 Battery
Product code: 5903